Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Passion Fruit Ice-Cream
3Cups Passion Fruit Juice (sweetened)
½ Cup whipped cream
1ltr Vanilla Ice-Cream
1. Pour the Passion Fruit Juice into an ice tray or another vessel and put in freezer.
2. For the Caramel; Heat sugar on a medium flame.
3. Keep stirring continuously in order to prevent the sugar from burning.
4. Add the butter to the pan when the sugar begins to melt.
5. Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat and slowly add the cream in order to avoid lumps.
6. Stir till it turns to a smooth sauce. Set it aside to cool.
7. Cut walnuts into thin strips and add it to the caramel.
8. Spread the caramel on a thali and break into uneven small pieces (something like a chikki). Leave aside some triangular pieces for decoration.
9. The passion fruit juice should be frozen or semi frozen in ice trays.
10. Crush the frozen passion fruit into flakes, add the small pieces of chikki to it and top it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
11. Decorate with the triangular pieces of chikki by just sticking them across the bowl.
Note: you can add some water to the boiling sugar to prevent it from burning, but then make sure to burn all the water before you add the butter.
Hint: you can also use mosambi juice instead of passion fruit juice.