Wednesday, December 8, 2010
500 gms Chicken
2 tspn Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tspn Red Chilli Powder
1 tspn Coriander Powder
½ tspn Turmeric Powder
½ tspn Amchur Powder
½ tspn Tamarind Paste
2-3 Onions (Finely Chopped)
½ cup Fresh Corriander (Finely Chopped)
½ cup Fresh Mint Leaves (Coarsely Chopped)
For the Outer Roll of the Frankie
1 cup Maida
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbspn Oil
Salt to taste
Butter Paper (Cut in squares to fit the rotis)
1. In a vessel or pressure cooker, cook the chicken with ginger garlic paste, all the dry masalas (except the amchur powder and tamarind paste) and two cups of water.
2. Debone the chicken and cook it again in a pan with amchur powder and tamarind paste till dry. Keep aside till needed.
3. Mix the maida and whole wheat flour and knead it into dough with water, oil and salt.
4. Make portions of the dough and roll it into rotis, half cook them and cover till needed.
5. At the time of meal, heat the chicken.
6. Beat the egg in a bowl.
7. Take a roti and place it on a heated tava. Apply beaten egg with a fork on one side and flip it over. Now apply the egg on the top side while the egg cooks on the down side and flip it again. Cook the other side for 1-2mins only and take the roti off the heat and place on the butter paper.
8. Line the chicken in the centre from top to bottom on the cooked egg side, lot of onions next to the chicken and a line of coriander and mint leaves on the other side of the chicken.
9. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to it and roll into the butter paper like a Frankie.
10. Serve immediately with a chutney or ketchup.
Hint: You can also fill some French fries along with the chicken.