Monday, December 6, 2010
Chicken In Hoisin Sauce
½ Cup Cashew-Nuts
1 Bell Pepper
1 Medium Size Onion
1 Pound Chicken Breasts (Boneless)
3 Tpsns Peanut Oil
4 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
3 Tspn Hoisin Sauce (a Thick Dark Brownish-Red Sauce)
2 Tspns Sesame Oil
5-6 Scallions (Green Part Only)
1. Cut the scallions into 1inch pieces.
2. Heat a wok until hot. Add the cashew-nuts and dry-fry over low to medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Cut the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds. Slice into square pieces.
4. Cut the onion into 1inch square pieces.
5. Skin the chicken fillet and cut into thin small rectangular strips.
6. Heat the wok again until hot, add the oil and swirl it around. Add the garlic and let it sizzle in the oil for a few seconds.
7. Add the onion, bell pepper and chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add the hoisin sauce. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is tender and all the ingredients are evenly glazed.
9. Stir in the sesame oil, roasted cashew-nuts and scallions.
10. Garnish with coriander. Serve hot with noodles.